Doctor Job in Australia
Are you looking for a Doctor Job in Australia? Australia is one of few countries The Best Location for a Job as a Doctor. Many doctors choose to work in Australia than other countries. Once, when we are asking them what their reason are choosing australia to spend their live? Just they will say, in australia they offer A welcoming, multicultural environment, great opportunities for postgraduate training and medical career advancement, Outstanding natural beauty, cleanliness, climate and have an unrivalled lifestyle, low cost of living so the average doctor’s disposable income is often more than it would be in UK, USA, Ireland or Canada,excellent standards of clinical practice, temporary positions for doctors of most specialties due to their demographics and geography, and high salaries and offer an exceptional quality of life.
- Hours of Work – In both Australia most doctors enjoy the benefits of a standard 38 hour working week. Any time that is required in addition to this is usually compensated at a higher hourly rate (often double time), the work-life balance much more enticing than many other countries.
- General Treatment / Recognition / Respect – Doctors in Australia are respected as highly skilled professionals, and are treated as valuable assets not only to the hospital, but to the wider community as a whole.
- Lifestyle – The attractive and unique features of Australian lifestyle play a significant role in the decision to live and work here. If you’re looking for a change, look no further.
- Paid Overtime – Whilst the standard working week is usually based around 38 hours in Australia doctors are required to submit a timesheet detailing all hours worked. This ensures that any extra hours (in addition to those roistered) can be paid accordingly at a higher rate.
- Training Opportunities – Training programmers in Australia are generally of an exceptional standard, with the added advantage of less competition for available places.
- Workplace Structure – The workplace structure in Australia is much less hierarchical than in other areas of the world, with most junior doctors addressing their consultants on a first name basis.
Senior Doctors (Consultants):
- Less Politics – In Australia, there are significantly less hierarchical tiers in the healthcare system. This allows process changes to be made relatively quickly and with much less hassle.
- Working at Multiple Facilities – Many Consultants choose to work at more than one facility.
- Private Practice – In Australia the private sector is far more lucrative than the public sector, with over 50% of Australians taking out private health insurance. Most Consultants will do some work in the private sector, where they are able to charge higher rates for their services and enjoy an income that is additional to their regular fulltime role.
- Job Opportunities – Due to high demand for Consultants of all specialties in Australia there are often more opportunities available allowing doctors more choice with regard to location and position.
Many vacancies are not advertised in the mainstream press so you are almost obliged to register with an agency to get full listings of vacancies. A recommendation from a friend is always useful as they have firsthand experience of that specific job and so can usually give you great detail.
Read more .....